Getting the Camper


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Tennessee » Franklin
October 17th 2020
Published: October 18th 2020
Edit Blog Post

Dress up girlsDress up girlsDress up girls

Elsa, Anna, and Fancy Nancy
Today was highly anticipated by Nathan of the day that Uncle Mike and Auntie Jenn would get their camper out of storage. After an easy cereal breakfast, Ellie, Rosie, Vivian and Steve played a little soccer outside before Mike, Jenn, Nathan, and Ellie needed to go get the camper. The day was supposed to be cold but the sun was out and it was a perfect warm temperature. While they were gone getting the camper, Steve, Tory, Gray, Rosie, and Vivian had a fun time together. Grayson rode his Berg around and was going really fast as the 4-wheel pedal go-kart turns on a dime! Then they walked around the neighborhood because they had some garage sales and Gray and Rosie were talking and holding hands like best buddies.

Mike and Jenn came back with the camper and Nathan was all smiles as he watched Uncle Mike extend some of the camper out. Nathan and Ellie had to explain every little detail of the process of getting the camper out of storage. From when Auntie Jenn climbed on top of the camper to take the cover off, to attaching the hitch on the back of the truck, and to Nathan's favorite part of the stabilizers retracting after the camper was attached. The kids were super excited to each have turns "examining" the inside of the camper. We came inside for hot dogs and quesadilla lunch for the kids and finally had the first day of making the kids rest for an hour, which turned into a much needed nap for Rosie and Vivian and the other kids getting a chance to recharge. Plus, this allowed Jenn and Tory to goto chik-fila for lunch, hobby lobby, and target. Steve built Kinetix with Nathan, Ellie, and Grayson and made a Motorcyle and Windmill that the kids did a great job assisting in the 7+ age recommended building.

That night we went to Addison Winery for an outdoor music and picknic. We were able to bring our own food so Jenn packed a tasty picnic of bread, crackers, cheese, salami, and nutella. The kids all ran around playing tag, climbed the rocks, and played 3 flies up football with a group of kids they just met. We enjoyed a bottle of syrah as adults and stayed until the sun went down, then drove home and got ready for bed. We also needed to repack and Mike and Jenn loaded the camper as much as possible, plus what was needed for the morning.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Running kiddosRunning kiddos
Running kiddos

Grayson and Rosie played great when it was just them 2
Playing aroundPlaying around
Playing around

At the winery with country banjo music


Tot: 0.213s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.071s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb