Day 2- Raccoon Mountain, Chattanooga, Tennessee


Advertisement
Published: June 14th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Day 2- We are having an excellent camp day on Raccoon Mountain. After Lorelei made her famous Rolly Polly Omelettes using our very own chickens' eggs, Oupa took Lorelei for a quick swim in the pool. There are so many families here, there are tons of new friends to play with. Next, we go to the Go-Karts, where Oupa used his feet and Lorelei steered. We definitely have a budding Formula One race car driver in the making. Now that the day is heating up, off to the Crystal Palace Caverns. It is 60 degrees in side, and we have a private tour with our guide, Chandler. Lorelei is the flashlight keeper, and Grandma is wearing her cool hat that Great Aunt Jeanne gave her with a light built in to the brim. The tour was cool, saw neat stalagmites and stalagtites, and lots of mud.

After lunch we go to the mining area to pan for gold and gemstones. Grandma and Lorelei are now ready to make an awesome rock garden with these cool gems! Time for another swim, so Oupa and Lorelei are off to the pool again. Grandma takes this chance to stay back at the campsite and read her new book that Griffin gave her about Mr. Selfridge!

We have our RV parked right next to the playground, so Lorelei can greet every kid as the self appointed mayor of the playground.

We have a short rainstorm, which is a good time to go inside and play a marathon game of Monopoly. Winner is still undetermined, but Lorelei had the most money, and Oupa the most properties. Grandma stayed safely in the middle.

While Grandma makes our chicken dinner, Lorelei goes fire-fly catching. Got one, and taking him with us for the rest of our vacation.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0459s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb