Weekend in Chattanooga


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Tennessee » Chattanooga
October 7th 2012
Published: October 8th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Sara boulderingSara boulderingSara bouldering

at Urban Rocks
Friday, 5 October, 2012

We did leave Big South Fork National River and Recreation Area by the western entrance instead of the steep, winding eastern way. It was a pretty drive, but without the stress of those hills and curves. We drove south on Hwy 127 through Crossville and Pikeville. We turned east just before Soddy-Daisy and got to Chester Frost County Park around 2-ish. We had called earlier to see how crowded they were and to see if we could reserve a spot, but no to reservations and they were filling fast. So we were relieved to find they still had 14 spots available when we arrived. We set up and relaxed a while after calling Sara to let her know we had arrived.

We had planned to have Sara and Trevor come to the campground for dinner, but they suggested we bring the food to their house and cook there. So that’s what we did. Sara grilled the steaks on their new grill and we popped potatoes in the microwave, threw together a salad, toasted some bread and dinner was served. We also got to meet their new kitty, Kingston, a handsome fellow for sure. We didn’t stay long after supper, but made plans to meet Saturday.

Sat, 6 Oct

Sara and Trevor came to the campground and had the grand tour of our new camper (30 seconds, max.) We sat and drank coffee for a while, then Sara and I headed off for a bit of shopping, leaving the men on their own. We shopped till we were ready to drop, then met the guys at the house. We played a while with Kingston, then ordered the biggest pizza I had ever seen. I think it was 24” across.

Kerry and I stopped at Walmart on the way back to the camper for a few necessities.

Sun, 7 Oct

Trevor had to work today, but we went to Urban Rocks to watch Sara do some rock climbing. She had been climbing a while when we got there, so she was nearly done. We do get a kick out of watching all the climbers on this indoor climbing gym.

Sara, Kerry and I then went to eat Mexican food before coming back to the camper. We visited a while before Sara had to go do her weekly grocery shopping and head
SaraSaraSara

at Urban Rocks
home to Trevor. I was so good to see the both of them again. We sure do miss them. Tomorrow we head for home.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Chester Frost ParkChester Frost Park
Chester Frost Park

campground on the Tennessee River (Chickamauga Lake)
Tennessee RiverTennessee River
Tennessee River

from Chester Frost Park


Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.052s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb