Oh No, we are heading East!!


Advertisement
Published: June 23rd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Who are these people?Who are these people?Who are these people?

Had to get a photo.
Geo: 44.0812, -103.231

So the inevitable is happening and the end is very near. We left Deadwood, and our cool little cabin and jumped on 90 East. Well, I am fibbing a bit. We headed to Mount Rushmore. One of te main rewards of this trip was the finale fireworks display at Mount Rushmore. About the time we claimed a campsite in the black hills, we found out they were cancelled due to the fire danger. Bummer!!
So we did what anyone else would do. Went to see the amazing monument, left, since there was nothing else to do, went to the incomplete Crazy Horse, found out they wanted $20, did a uturn, and headed for Rapid City. Along the way we stopped at a bear preserve. So, let me try and build this up in the way my anxiety built up as realization struck as to the potential events that could unfold.
Remember back to one of the earlier blogs regarding the Ram horn I have been carrying strapped to the Cargo carrier? Hmmm, maybe I didn't mention it. Well it is strapped to the back 'cause it still smells a little. Put it this way, when in bear country, we always threw it in the woods away from camp, just in case. Is the picture getting clearer? As we proceeded through this park, with ears walking all around, I ha to keep the Jeep in ready position in case a bear decided to go after the horn. It made the whole thing quite an event.
We arrived in Rapid City, got a site over the city and watched as people set off fireworks.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Another campAnother camp
Another camp

This one came with a view of the city.


5th July 2013

OMG, you were that close to the bear? No fireworks, how sad. Well it rained here over and over again. They did have the fireworks and no I did not go as there was also lightning. Take care and drive safely. If you strap food to your je
ep, animals will follow. Love you both.

Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0484s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb