Georgetown


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » South Carolina
September 16th 2006
Published: December 15th 2006
Edit Blog Post

GeorgetownGeorgetownGeorgetown

The boardwalk in Georgetown.
After the seas lay down and the weather got better for travel, it was time for us to hop offshore and sail down to Georgetown, South Carolina. We had a great sail with fair winds and following seas. And then we went up the Sampit River 20 miles to get to this picturesque seaside village and popular port for sail boaters.

We anchored right off of the town’s boardwalk opposite the town’s clock tower and took the dinghy in to enjoy the sights. There were many good restaurants that we enjoyed, which were also dog friendly. Lucky Kona! And many cute boutique shops and book stores which we browsed. And of course a great local bar right on the boardwalk with live music where we went to relax and unwind, and also meet the other sailors in the anchorage. We had a great time there, walking up and down the boardwalk and discovering why it is such a popular anchorage on the east coast.

After a few days, we pulled up anchor and continued down to Charleston for the rest of hurricane season, thru the summer and into the fall.




Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Clock TowerClock Tower
Clock Tower

The clock tower in Georgetown.
Big TunaBig Tuna
Big Tuna

Our favorite restaurant in Georgetown, especially because they let Kona stay at our feet while we ate.


Tot: 0.245s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 27; qc: 160; dbt: 0.1331s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb