Week 3 in Greenville


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » South Carolina
January 1st 2022
Published: January 1st 2022
Edit Blog Post

Unfortunately with covid cases on the rise and South Carolina being very bad about mask wearing my adventuring is becoming a little less interesting this week 😞 Still fully enjoying being on the road as a nomad and I'm triple vaccinated but I still would rather not spread covid or get sick so most of this week was spent at home making some food, reading books, catching up with some friends virtually and going for dog walks.

Sunday: A nice long walk on the Swamp Rabbit Trail (still don't know why everything is named that here lol) which is a paved trail that goes through almost all of Greenville for over 20 miles. The weather was divine, not super humid and was about 75*. Crazy warm for a December day here. In the evening I logged in for a nice zoom family christmas.

Tuesday: Look at that delicious stir fry and rice I made. Yum!

Wednesday: Just going to take a moment to discuss some of the challenges of full time travel- regular appointments and services. I needed to get a dental cleaning in before the end of the year and was able to get an appointment at a dental office here. But everything I need to do - new tires, oil change, dentist, dog nail trims and day care. All of those things. Every month I have to research and find a new place, transfer over records and vet the new business. You forget how easy it is to just call up your local mechanic or vet to get an appointment for these types of things.

Thursday: A trip to an outdoor dog bar. Not as cool as the one in St. Louis but still a nice area and a good selection of food and drinks to consume while the dogs run around and play.

Saturday: Happy rainy humid new year! Afternoon was finally not super rainy but still warm and humid so a nice hike at Paris mountain was in order again. This time I went around the lake and saw the gorgeous waterfall from the dam.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.133s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0403s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb