Day 4 - 5 Myrtle Beach - The Grand Strand


Advertisement
Published: June 22nd 2020
Edit Blog Post

Perfect beach weather in Myrtle Beach today; sunny, warm and a steady breeze. Walked the boardwalk this morning, saw a few homeless people sleeping on benches, and distant fog hanging along the northern shore. Found a Dunkin Donut about a half mile away, but had to settle for an apple fritter since they didn't make breakfast sandwiches. Tomorrow I will find a real one and not succumb to that temptation again. Chilled this morning and read my book on the beach, walked in the water along the shore and watched the families as they arrived for a day of fun. Happy Father's Day to all you fathers out there.



Myrtle Beach has a long history with pavilions built in 1902 and amusement parks built on 11 acres in the 1930's. They danced the state dance "The Shag" here and hosted bands and dancing until the pavilion closed in 2006. The beaches along the South Carolina shore is called the Grand Strand, it's an arc of beach land that extends more than 60 miles. The Myrtle Be,ach and the Huntington Beach State Parks allow camping. It's an awesome beach area, and I am really jealous of the nice wide sandy beaches compared to our east coast beaches in Florida.



Great stay in Myrtle Beach, great visit with friends. Tomorrow it's time to move on to see family, Michelle, Todd and kids! Good Night Myrtle Beach!@


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0385s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb