Our home away from home


Advertisement
Published: June 21st 2013
Edit Blog Post

We've been staying at the George W. Miller Volunteer House. It is the larger of two houses that Sea Island Habitat for Humanity makes available for volunteer groups; together they have bunks for 35 volunteers. The affiliate hosts groups in these houses most weeks from February through October. The house has five bedrooms with bunk beds, 3 1/2 baths, plus two vanities outside of the bathrooms. There is a large living room with lots of couches where we have been gathering each morning before heading out and at the end of the day for our reflections and team meetings. There is also a kitchen and dining room with a large table so that groups can prepare and eat meals in the house, but as our faithful blog followers are well aware, our group has been eating out. And as you know from our entries from when we first arrived, there is a clothes washer and dryer. The house was originally a Habitat house that has been added on to. Before it was a volunteer house, the offices for Sea Island Habitat for Humanity were located here. It's not the Hilton, but it works great for a group of volunteers.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0334s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb