Philidelphia


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Pennsylvania
August 3rd 2016
Published: August 3rd 2016
Edit Blog Post

Went from Washington to Philidelphia by train.

We had tried to drop our bags at the rail station and spend the morning at one more gallery in Washington but at US$11 per bag per hour this was going to cost us over $50 so we declined. This does mean that if almost any of the employees had left their bags there and gone to work they would end up having to pay more than they had earned in the day. Instead we had a few hours of watching the AMTRAK anti terrorism videos in the waiting room. After numerous comments about warning of people leaving bags unattended I noticed that someone had left a bag beside me and wandered off of half an hour. So much for relying on customers (like me) to play their part in keeping everyone safe from terrorism. (just to note he had returned before we realised)

At least now we missed enough that we have a reason to go back to Washington

We worked out that the easiest way to get to the hotel was catch a train to the airport and then get the hotels free shuttle. Idea was good but bit of a long wait.

For the first time since arriving Bronwyn was "beaten by her meal" Hers was an entree. I had an excellent steak / half cow. We went to a family restraint over the road where large people ate what seemed like larger meals. We have found that we only eat once per day, and then an occasional snack. However with all the walking we should still be friends with our bathroom scales on our return.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0298s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb