The Weekend and the Deutsches Museum


Advertisement
Published: June 30th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Most of us used the weekend as a time to get to know our host families and the other German students better. Some people went hiking in the Alps. Others visited a monastery in the mountains. A group of us went to the Starnberger See on Saturday. We went swimming, played a number of different sports, practiced our German, and got to know each other better. Later that night, we all went to the Johannesfeuer where we told stories about our day and enjoyed a traditional German festival. On Sunday, many of us went to the Deutsches Museum. This museum had many different offerings, from warplanes to new advances in science to machinery throughout the ages. They had a giant model train set, and two levels full of airplanes. My favorite exhibit was the gallery of musical instruments. They showed the evolution of the piano from the very beginning. They had separate mini-exhibits on each of the different instruments, and their place not only in general history, but specifically German history. After the museum, my host family and I went to a traditional Bavarian restaurant where I was convinced to try something on the menu which I did not understand a word of. The food turned out to be delicious, and the dinner conversation was a true test of my German skills. This weekend was extremely enjoyable, and the rest of our trip looks to be just as fun.



~Maggie

Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0188s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb