red yellow green GOOOO


Advertisement
Published: March 3rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

spring break finally came! a week and a half home to relax and catch up with some friends and family. i was so excited to be on my way back to holmdel, new jersey...even though it's the most boring place in the world. anyway, karen and i were driving home and when we hit freehold, new jersey, i started thinking. thinking at this point probably wasn't such a good idea because karen was talking about some stuff i can't remember because i was pretty much occupied by my own thoughts...TRAFFIC LIGHTS! where did they come from? well, someone invented them, obviously, but it's amazing how there are millions of traffic lights in the world directing traffic at every second of the day.
there used to be traffic directors standing in the middle of the roads, then there were manual traffic lights, then there were two-colored traffic lights, and now we have tri-colored, tri-colored with arrows, tri-colored with tri-colored arrows...so many combinations! it's funny how complex the road system has become. some time ago there were no roads, and then there were few. now we have road that stretches from one side of the country all the way to the other side. then there was the development of signs ... stop signs, yield signs, railroad signs, pedestriam signs, deer crossing signs, and thousands more ... road dividers, painted lines, huge green signs telling us which way to go, speed limits ...
where would we be without these signs, traffic lights, and driving laws? the accident rate would definitely be much higher, that's for sure. it's sometimes hard to drive WITH all the rules in effect and signs and stuff ... i wonder how hard it would be without them.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.117s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0315s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb