Medical Technology: Good or Bad?


Advertisement
Published: February 24th 2006
Edit Blog Post

In todays world we are at the most advanced point ever when it comes to medical technology. We have treatments which can cure many illnesses and diseases, treatments that could have saved millions of lives in the past. There is also advancements in technology that can help pregnant woman and their unborn children. We can now alter pregnancies in ways that people may have never thought possible. We can let parents decide if they want a boy and a girl and so forth...This topic arises many different problems and issues for many people. Some people think that there is nothing wrong with genetically altering their sexual stuff to make the perfect kid in their eyes; others believe that doing that is playing God too much and is not right. These people think that sure, it may not seem that bad and pretty harmless but when will it stop? Eventually people will just people to create a perfect child every time and their may never be natural births ever again. This is a very sensitive issue for obvious reasons. I feel that if the technology stops at just being able to pick a boy or a girl for yourselfs, then it is not tooo bad. But anything after that I feel can be construed as Dr. Frankenstienish, and we all know how that story ends.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0378s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb