The Bushkill Falls


Advertisement
Published: January 10th 2008
Edit Blog Post

On our Way to Bushkil FallsOn our Way to Bushkil FallsOn our Way to Bushkil Falls

Kamlesh, Pracheer & Myself
picnics are arranged best when u r least expecting them!!iam sure u will share my opinion here.This weekend when we have planned nothing at all except to take rest,had some really nice time going to Niagara of Pensylvania-The Bushkill Falls.

No one anticipated that we r going to have a one day tour to one of the most famous scanic attraction of area,in as less as usd 34.Thsi is nothing especially when i tell u how much i have spent on each of my last weekends..not less than 200 bucks every time.This 34 bucks includes our car rentals,food,gas and park admission cost.Unbelievable,isnt it?It was to me when Profet(real name Prarhit)send us a mail giving details of cost.

It was decided suddenly at the party that we had by the poolside in our apts the previous nitei.e saturday nite.There were 8 of us.Pracheer,Kamlesh,Profet,Sishir,Murli,Jeetu,sumit and me.Occassion?? nothing..just like that!!(Pura american ban gaya hu yahan teen mahin me!!)just wanna have a good weekend..so we invited profet and sumit to our place since we have very less no of days left with us.Profet got murli and jeetu with him..God,both these guys are fun!!we started at 9.30 and the party continued till 2.30 am..first profet and sumit picked us some spicy pizza and then booze..it was fun!most of us spent some time in the pool too including me..u know what...it was much warm in the pool than outside!!it must be around 15 degrees.bat karte karte we talked abt plans forthe next day..we suggested for baltimore..but profet was not eagar as he has been there for no of times..so then murli and profet both suggested for bushkill falls..We immediately got all the info that we want fromthe web..profet called up cab sercice and booked a cab for next day.so there it was our next day was planned out of nowhere!!

Now it was 2.00 am,everybody was done with his share of fun..almost allwent home by that time..i was feelking damn cold as i was the last one to get out of the pool!!I went up shivering..and imagine what i had????A hot cup of tea..Zakkas!!i felt warm and that was just enough for me to go to sleep by 2.30am.

Next day i got up early at 7.45.I took out the potatos of fridge and made nice small pieces of 6 potatoes.Yes...i have started doing all this cooking stuff for some time now!Pracheer gotup after some time.Igave him the cut potatoes..by the time he was thru with his bath,all 6 of them were cut.I handed over all to him and went for bath.Pracheer made nice potato bhaji for all 5 of us to eat in the car.and that was it.now we were just waiting for profet and murli to call.

they called up at 10.00 am and informedus that they wil b at the apt by 10.45..we put on Kal ho na ho on Tv in the meanwhile..Time kaise gaya patahi nahin chala!!both of them reached by given time.and after getting our stuff,we hit the road at 11.00 am..

It was yet another fun ride.Bushklill falls is around 200 miles from our place in the state of Pensylvania.Its called Niagara of Pensylvania.Pensyvania is famous for its countryside and natural beauty.Except for a few irritating traffic jams towards the end the drive was fun!!We reached the fallsat around 2.00 pm..

How to maintain and nourish the nature koi ense sikhe!!This unique series of eight waterfalls, nestled deep in the wooded Pocono Mountains, is accessible through an excellent network of hiking trails and bridges which afford fabulous views of the falls and the
With The Whole GangWith The Whole GangWith The Whole Gang

Pracheer,Myself & Our friends-Murli & Prarthit
surrounding forest.Hiking the trails and viewing the towering 100-foot Main Falls aren't the only activities possible on the expansive grounds of Bushkill Falls. They also have Pennsylvania Wildlife Exhibit, Native American Exhibit, fish Twin Lakes, visit our variety of gift shops, stop at the Fudge Kitchen for delectible sweets, take a paddle-boat ride, or enjoy a round of miniature golf.

Bushkill has a brutal force..They have a wooden bridge build as close as 40 feet from the fall..its wonderful!!the water splashes on ur body..i shud say pours on ur body..i was totally wet standing there for just 2 mins..It makes for amazing snaps.Look at some of the snaps attached in the mail to get an idea of the beauty of this place.We never realised that we have been around the falls for almost 90 mins,following its nice wooden trails and bridges...It was sunday so the place was full of peoples!!we all were hungry by this time..everything at the falls was expensive so we decided to go out and eat..But sqeezed a little time to go to souveniers shop still..

What better pplace toeat than Subway!!Subway has been taking care our food whenever we have been out of our
The Core GroupThe Core GroupThe Core Group

Myself, Kamlesh & Pracheer
apts.Its like Macdonald...but 10 times better..surprisingly enough all of us had Veg Patty at subway..bill 35 bucks!sounds expensive in rupees but its nothing per person.The quality offood was important.Another major advantage of such joints is such joints have restroomswhich are used by almost all who come to eat here..specially on picnics..Its like a star dhaba where u can get fresh,eat food and resume ur journey.

Murli was skeptical abt traffic on our way back..but fortunately we cleared all within first 45 mins..on our way we went to a shop called Odd Job.here u get some novelty things at cheap prices..i picked up stuff for 10 bucks.

From thereon again the ride was smooth..The kind of infrastructre they have here i think its gonna take a decade for us to reach somewhere near to that..Roads here are huge and thats what makes ur drive a pleasure..We touched a peak of 150 km/hr on I495 express highway..U think it gonna take us less time to reach back??wrong..it still took us around 2.30 hrs to reach apts..We reached home..i prepared nice tea for all of us..Pracheer,profet,murli and me.We chatted for some time and then both murli and profet left!soon after i picked up my stuff and went back to my apts..

On my way back,i was just thinking abt one thing..If Niagara of Pensylvania can be sobeautiful,then how beautiful the oroginal nigara be??

and one more thing..............i missed u.

Waterful che pani angawar padle pan man matra bhijle nahi!!

Sachin


Advertisement



Tot: 0.18s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 20; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0531s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb