Day5- Gettysberg


Advertisement
Published: July 31st 2014
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


The US Civil War debate continued with the visit to Gettysburg, where we were able to relate to the phenomenal lecture by Jim Terry about the political systems in America. Furthermore, Fred Gantz and Terry Havel gave us an amazing & jolly tour guide of Gettysburg. In the morning we visited an orchard which had apple plantation where we met an American farmer. Comparing this trip to rural parts of India, i would admit that even an average American farmer had way more better lifestyle than any Indian farmer. Even the farming was way more advanced between this developed country and a developing country like India. In places like Maharashtra near Mumbai where i grew up, farmer suicide due to drought and debt was very common. But again farmers in America had other things to worry like the GMO and Monsanto, etc.

In the afternoon, we went to a restaurant called The Pub with the professors and tour guides which was fun because we got to interact with other girls from Harrisburg college and exchange thoughts about the education in the 2 different countries. Also they admitted that students in America know little about the things happening in other countries.

The Gettysburg Cyclorama was a very nice way to understand the chronology of US Civil War. Some facts about war strategy and the kind of artillery used, how the infantry fought? how the navy fought? were elaborated in detail.


Additional photos below
Photos: 27, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 12; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0421s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb