June 20th, 2005


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Pennsylvania » Corry
July 7th 2005
Published: July 28th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Location: Corry PAs

Day one of the new week. We made a few mistakes, as prophesized. Including-but not limited to: Forgetting to cast a young Mowgli, forgetting to take down the names of our leads, forgetting to change Friday’s rehearsal time in the parent letter. But then you try and audition 61 kids, with one other person, on your second week out, for a show that you have week to put on and just see if you don’t forget a few things. All in all for our first week out by ourselves (last week we had a trainer who saved our lives) it went pretty well. We are currently n Corry, PA- a town on the smaller side (pop: ~6,000) about 30ish miles from Erie.

It is a pre-registered event, so only 60 (well 61) kids showed up to audition and we had to cast them all, which made the audition a little bit easier. The hardest part of our week is not casting everyone in the show. Though I supposed if we did cast everyone in the show-the hardest part of the week would be the whole week….

The kids here aren’t as energetic as they were in Jasper (but I can’t really speak, as I’m not either). I find myself comparing them and looking for kids that look the same as kids we cast last week. I feel myself getting cynical again. A bad habit I fell into back in college. Heh- “back in college” as if it were so long ago. I have to be careful not to get sucked back into that. I actually want to be here, and am having fun. There is no reason to start complaining. I need to keep a positive attitude.

We are staying at a beautiful bed and breakfast a few blocks from downtown Corry, or what’s left of downtown Corry. Established around 1860, right off two major railroad tracks, Corry had a booming industry of something’or’other. But as time has gone by the town has seemed to have sunken into a depression of sorts. The old rustic downtown area has a lot of empty storefronts, and what stores there still are - close by 5. Most the people, though nice, seem very low key. Maybe it’s a good thing we’re here. Entertainment cures most ills.


Advertisement



7th July 2005

Corry
aha! I should have read all the blogs before responding. Now that you described the town being near Erie - that was 'coal country'....and probably appreciate all the culture that comes their way.

Tot: 0.329s; Tpl: 0.027s; cc: 13; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0515s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb