Take off


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Oregon
September 26th 2008
Published: September 26th 2008
Edit Blog Post

So i am still hanging at the gypsy cafe, and it has been amazing. this place and these people have been so good to me, and have taught me so much. i have changed a lot since i have been here and feel more connected with myself and mother earth.
tomorrow though i will be the first of four wwoofers to journey off in 6 weeks. i am headed to eugene to meet up with a great person (named loren) and do some dancing. i will hitch there tomorrow morning, tonight they are holding a celebration and dinner in my honor (i feel so special!).
i have been thinking about it though and i do believe i will come back to the gypsy cafe some time next week, as i will be going south any way and i am sure they will still need some help on the house.
i have made what i believe will be life long friends with all of the women here. and the 3 other wwoofers and i will be heading south together to another farm. this next one is near santa cruz in california and the space sounds very friendly and open. they dance (!!), work hard, make music, cook, learn, and worship mother earth as a divine goddess (which i agree with).

this past weekend we hosted a deep ecology workshop here which had around 25 women here. it was not strictly a women's event but just the way it turned out. it was a very powerful and moving weekend, and i made a lot of good connections. deep ecology is the philosophy of the earth. that we are all interconnected.
life is not a pyramid and we humans are not at the top of it. instead life is a spider's web and we are simply a thread in it. if we start destroying other threads, or even whole sections (ex: animals, the resources of earth, alliances with other humans, indigenous cultures, languages, polluting the water, land, and sky, etc.) our web of life will eventually completely collapse. and we all must do our part to keep the web of life functional.
i feel that this way of viewing life is correct and i want to fulfill my part in the earth to keep her healthy and help others realize that we cannot live the way we have been.

today i have been in a bit of a mood. i go from being super excited about new experiences, dancing, and seeing a good friend person, to being sad about leaving. a bit unsure of myself; my power and ability to handle life as it comes with out such a good and supportive community. it is something i need to work on and i do know that i must travel to feel reconnected with my powers and strength. i have it, i know it is there and i know the mother with take care of me. i just have to trust in myself and the mother, and not doubt. i will learn, i do feel that this soon leaving will be very good for me. it will allow me to gain perspective on my life, my loves, and to start to figure out how to function in towns/cities again with the new changes i am embracing.

much love to you all
areca

Advertisement



Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0622s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb