Lost


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Oregon
May 27th 2008
Published: May 27th 2008
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
Lost is not only the name of a forest in Southeastern Oregon.

It was five hours on dirt "roads", alfalfa fields, private property, burning straw bales, sage brush plantations, and barbed wire fences, making the trip a solid eleven hours.

With one side-view mirror less, our heads full of intriguing Christian literature, and a number of fits of hysterical anger and cackling, the early van of mammalogists made it to the research area, invigorated and excited to get to work.

By day, mammals were observed, among other things. By night, we shared in deep sober discussions around the fire, burning of legally obtained wood.

Just to name a few things, we saw a crack in the ground, a porcupine latrine, a few thunderstorms, a one legged BLM volunteer on a 4-wheeler, a pair of rainbows, and in the expansive RV city of yah-hoos, a flatbed truck carrying a pick-up truck, which itself carried an ATV.

We may have learned many things about mammals, but above all else, more specifically and importantly, we learned that we are all "Historically Black."








Additional photos below
Photos: 34, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



28th May 2008

what?
If you take a train traveling south and a train traveling north at the same time which direction are you traveling?

Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0459s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb