Days are blending together...


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Oregon » West Coast
July 5th 2007
Published: July 5th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Woke up well rested. Katrina & Josh’s friends were visiting on vacation. We all went to the science museum, OMSI, except for Elan & Eric who did not want to see the Body Works 3 exhibit. The rest of us had a good time and the exhibit was very interesting to see. Got home and had a snack then Elan & I hit the road. We decided to head west towards Tillamook. Drove slowly and enjoyed the scenery. We toured the Tillamook Creamery, had some ice cream, bought some cheese and then headed up the coast.

Little towns along the way were very picturesque. The coast was absolutely beautiful. Some of the areas reminded me of the east coast when I drive up to Camp. We found a motel in one of the places. The view from our window faces the hills, looks like the tree farms we saw coming into Portland. Chatted with some of the other guests in the motel. One has a Pomeranian, very cute and fluffy. The air here is very cool compared to just a few miles inland. Elan, and I will have our long sleeves out tonight!

Had dinner in a small diner that was rather crazy. Waiters said they were understaffed that night but we counted 6+ for the place. Food was okay, we just had clam chowder which was a bit salty. Trying to go to be a bit earlier tonight so we can leave tomorrow at 9:30AM…

The photos here are from the last few days...


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



Tot: 0.143s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0461s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb