Xmas in Portland with the Jareckis


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Oregon » Portland
December 31st 2005
Published: January 1st 2006
Edit Blog Post

BreakyBreakyBreaky

The most important meal of the day! A healthy xmas breaky of honey sticks!
Hello All!

Well it has been a while since our last blog - but after an awesome xmas trip we thought we would share with you some of our photos and adventures.

How could we refuse and invitation from a long lost uni friend of Mel's, Courtney and her husband Dave to join them for Xmas.

We headed off at the crack of dawn taking the bus to Seattle (thankfully no rubber gloves were involved in crossing the border just a few questions and we were back on the bus and on our way) at Seattle we boarded a train to Portland. The train was great - lots of leg room, very relaxing with views of the water where we spotted some seals!

We loved visiting Portland, Courtney and Dave showed us around including a trip to the tallest waterfall in the US, we played with the dogs, ate tastey Polish food (thanks Dave), opened xmas stockings, drank wine and made plans for a reunion of uni friends in Broome! and generally had a great time. Portland was great and close to ski fields and the coast! (Mark's heaven, skiing and the beach!)

Our trip back
SatchelSatchelSatchel

Courtney's dog Satchel devoured Santas head for his xmas breaky
was a bit of a nightmare due to a series of delays, after 5 hours in Seattle King St Station we had eaten more than enough chocolate bars (from the only food souce a vending machine) and read every available tourism brochure!

Hope everyone had a great xmas and Happy New Year!
Cheers
Mark and Mel




Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Xmas DinnerXmas Dinner
Xmas Dinner

Tastey Polish food for Xmas dinner
Multnomah FallsMultnomah Falls
Multnomah Falls

Beautiful misty forest in Portland
Ben and JerrysBen and Jerrys
Ben and Jerrys

Delicious American ice cream - YUM!


3rd January 2006

Merry Xmas and Happy NYs to you too! I hear it is a dud year for snow so far. That's no good! Cheers

Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0434s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb