Yosemite to Redwoods to Oregon- June 25th-26th


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Oregon » Medford » hotel
June 27th 2009
Published: June 27th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Long drive on Thursday. Got pretty as I started heading north. Arrived at the hostel in the Redwoods in time to take a shower and watch the sunset on the beach across from the hostel. Woke up early on Friday and drove back south about twenty miles to the Lady Bird Johnson Grove. Beautiful! The mist was enshrouding the grove, and the sun was shining through the trees. Drove up north about thirty miles to Crescent City after I walked through the grove. Stopped to take a picture of the lighthouse there. Drove about 10 miles northeast after that and stopped at the Reed-Simpson Grove. Walked the loop there and continued on northeast to the Stout Grove. Walked around there and headed into Oregon. Stopped at the Oregon Caves Monument and took the 90 minute walk through the cave. The guide was a guy named Andrew who was working with AmeriCorps and had been at the cave for about three weeks, which I thought was cool. The cave itself was really neat and nice and cool inside. After I left the cave I continued down the road to Medford, Oregon where I'm staying for the night. Planning on going to Crater Lake tomorrow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 45, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

SlugSlug
Slug

I saw this as I was walking into Lady Bird Johson Grove


28th June 2009

Good stuff Matt. Almost missed this one. Had to go to your previous post and click next entry. The cave and the forest look cool. Looks like you've seen more awesome places. Love those lighthouses! See you soon. Dad
28th June 2009

That would be a sweet AmeriCorps gig! Did you tell him your sister was in AmeriCorps too? ;) We came across a lighthouse on Friday, too, and I thought of you. I really like your photo with the sun rays coming through the trees. Nice!

Tot: 0.157s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 51; dbt: 0.1262s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb