Travels


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Oregon » Medford
June 1st 2013
Published: June 1st 2013
Edit Blog Post

We are having the time of our lives. We went to Crater Lake today and needed our snow gear. It had been snowing all week but today was absolutely perfect, clear skies, no wind and unbelievable scenery. I don't think even photos could do it justice, it is such an amazing place. It is about 2 hours or so from Hollie and Mikes but the trip was so lovely with lots of stops on the way. We came across some guys fishing in the Rogue River just outside of Shady Cove and one of them had a gun on his hip....can you believe that. It seemed the most natural thing for him to have...it was a glock hand gun in a holster. Made me feel a bit naked without my gun....ha ha! They were after the biggest fish, they said they weigh about 20 to 30 pound and they are only allowed to catch 2 a day to take home. The rest is catch and release I guess. We had dinner in the Lodge at Crater Lake with big fires going to keep out the cold....so much for the Northern Summer hey? arriving back to Hollie and Mikes you would never know there is snow on the ground just a couple of hours away coz it is so warm and sunny here. Just a few more days then we are off to New York but can't bear the thought of leaving them yet! Will write again from NY if I get the time...I think it will be pretty hectic there. This place of Hollie and Mike's is the dream home to live in...low maintenance, heaps of room and a home away from home. We are very blessed to be soaking up this hospitality.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0295s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb