3 Day Blog - Nehalem Bay, OR - 35 Photos


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Oregon » Manzanita
July 9th 2013
Published: July 10th 2013
Edit Blog Post

July 7, 2013 - Sunday

Watch live streaming of the church service before heading out for Nehalem Bay SP. Such a lovely ride – all along the Pacific Coast Highway and the beauty of the ruggedness of the shore and the waves and cliffs. And a misty fog hanging over it all. We stop just outside of Newport and enjoy our lunch at a beautiful scenic overlook, listening to the waves while we eat – almost heaven!

Arrive the campground at 4:30 and get set up and then head for the beach, which just happens to be right behind our site. But up and over the dune and down to the beach. We had a great walk on the beach, saw some of the horses returning from the sunset ride that is offered here, among other rides. Back to the park and we just walked around the park, checking it out. Another beautiful place to relax for a week.

July 8, 2013 - Monday

Another beautiful day in Oregon. 55 degrees this a.m. and time for a nice walk around the park. After that we headed over to the Horse Rentals and got our reservation for the beach ride tomorrow. One of the ‘bucket list’ items – check!

After a drive into town, just to look around and get some gas, we returned and had lunch, then took a beach walk. We ended up walking about 2 miles on the windy, cold beach – exhilarating to say the least. Good sleeping tonight. Saw 9 wind surfers – wow, how can anyone do that in this wind?

A wonderful day in all.

July 9, 2013 - Tuesday

What a fun day today! We had reservations to ride horses on the beach! One from Marge’s bucket list. Left at10:00and rode a long way on the beach, then into the dunes and down to the bay. Then back through more dunes and back country and back to the camp. We both had Fjord horses to ride – a Norwegian horse known for it’s stability and gentle temperament. Very easy to ride and handle. We saw lots and lots of Scotch Broom plants and a beautiful Blue Heron, but the Elk and theCapeSealswere scarce. Our guide was very informative about the area and we really enjoyed the tour. This was a real highlight for us.


Additional photos below
Photos: 35, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



10th July 2013

Envious
Now, you really are hitting my "Wish I could be doing that", as I remember horse back riding in the 60s.
10th July 2013

Breathtaking!
Amazing, awe-inspiring, astounding! And that's just the A's! These are some of the best pics yet! I know this is living the dream for you guys!
10th July 2013

Boy...the west has really gotten you two!
Guess that form does not count while one is riding on the beach. Ha! Just jealous that's all! Looks like such fun.

Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0408s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb