5th weekend update


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Oregon » Hood River
November 14th 2010
Published: November 14th 2010
Edit Blog Post

I can't believe time's going by so fast. I've already been here for 5 weeks and I'm beginning to feel at bit stressed out over not having enough time to do everything I want before I leave. This weekend however, turned out to be way more adventurous than planned.

Friday:
Worked between 8am-5pm, had dinner at the house and was supposed to go out with Erica and Liselotte for a couple of drinks, which ended in a wine tasting at the Naked Winery downtown. Somewhere and somehow during the night we got talked into joining the owner of the winery and some random, drunk woman to go over to Jack's where the woman ordered in two fishbowls. Our second mistake that evening was drinking way too much cheap liquor mixed with orange soda which made the alcohol unrecognizable. The third was moving on from there a third bar. Long story short,

Saturday:
Skipped yoga class in the morning and went into Portland with Liselotte for some shopping. We went to the new H&M store at Pioneer Place, but since the store opened on Veteran's Day, being the only one in Portland, people were still going completely crazy in there. Probably because they've never seen one before, I don't know. We decided to spend all out money at Forever21 instead and I found some really good christmas present for my sister. Liselotte came out with a shopping bag almost as big as herself, haha. In the afternoon we drove back to Hood River, dropped off our stuff, and went to Kristen and Collin's for their friends art exhibition. On from there we got gas for the car and food for ourselves before driving back to Portland. Met up with Logan and Evan, and two friends of theirs, at the Gypsy. Two bars, one great evening, one fire department and paramedics dispatch, and one armed robbery (at a gas station) later we finally came home at 4am, having driven back and forth between Hood River and Portland for 5 hours that day.

Sunday:
Skyped with my mom and sister earlier today before spending the entire afternoon in bed. Now I'm gonna go (love that the americans are horrified over the fact that I actually walk instead of driving everywhere) to the grocery store and then watch a movie.


Additional photos below
Photos: 35, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.13s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.05s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb