Thrills of rafting and feasting!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Oregon » Eugene
October 7th 2012
Published: October 7th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Although shooting Martens Rapids in a rubber raft took less than a minute, the exhilaration lasted much longer as we viewed the excellent frame-by-frame digital images taken by Lily (lillian@westcoastactionphotos.com and www.westcoastactionphotos.com). As you can see in the four photos we purchased, we are surrounded by churning white water as Frank, our river guide, appears quite gleeful, skillfully negotiating the raft through the tight spots on the McKenzie River. (www.rivertrailoutfitters.com)

Another special Eugene experience was grilling a whole rock fish that Stephen and Judy purchased at a local market the day it was caught. Stephen baked it to perfection on the deck and served it with a flourish, accompanied by grilled vegetables, roasted potatoes and Judy's freshly made aioli. This stunning meal was topped off by poached pears served with a reduction sauce of port and currants, garnished with ice cream. The meal was complemented by a selection of delicious Oregon Pinot Noirs. While the meal was being prepared, Ayaan chased her favorite toy.

A few facts about Eugene: The second-largest city in Oregon with a population of more than 156,000 residents, it is located at the confluence of the McKenzie and Willamette rivers, about 50 miles east of the Oregon Coast. The Eugene-Springfield Metropolitan Area has a population of 351,715.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



10th October 2012

AUWWWWWwwwww
What fun to read this and see the pics. Ayaan is pleased as can be about getting into the blog. I am imagining Phil's mother joining your trip via these blogs. Such adventures! Can't wait to read the next chapter. LOVE, Judy
10th October 2012

More to come!
Love to know you are following us.

Tot: 0.133s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0496s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb