The Oregon Coast


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Oregon » Cape Lookout
September 1st 2007
Published: September 3rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

On our way to Oregon, we stopped at Chinook Harbor and Fort Columbia in Washington. After we crossed over the Astoria bridge into Oregon, we visited Fort Stevens. There was a shipwreck on shore, the Peter Iredale. It must be at least 200 feet long with most of it buried under the sand. We saw the Columbia river entrance from the south side and the extensive jetty repair they are doing.

Then we drove down the rocky coast. It's almost unbelievable the number and the size and dimensions of the rocks that just pop out of the ocean along the coast. We didn't drive very far today, we are just so fascinated with this beautiful coast. We found a campsite at Cape Lookout State Park, which was right on the ocean. We walked the beach and took a drive to Oceanside to see the Three Arch Rocks. We drove up to an overlook and after supper walked the beach at sunset. Then as we usually do, ended our day with as campfire and a little wine of course.

(For some reason I can't add the photos today - but I will resend the blog when the photos are added.)


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Wreck of the Peter IredaleWreck of the Peter Iredale
Wreck of the Peter Iredale

This is stem to stern - about 200 feet of ship wreck buried under the sand in Fort Stevens State Park in Oregon


Tot: 0.201s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 20; qc: 89; dbt: 0.095s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb