Oregon Coast to Olympia


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Oregon » Cannon Beach
July 12th 2008
Published: July 18th 2008
Edit Blog Post

After a restful night at the Best Western at Agate Beach we started the day with a tour the Oregon Coast Aquarium. I touched sea stars and we walked through a 200 foot underwater tunnel with 3 different habitats. The seals were getting fed and the otters quickly became my new favorite animal. They way the lazily swim around on their back made me envious I wasn't in the water with them. Time for lunch and we finally got to eat at Mo's. There are several and we chose the original with the garage door where some lady drove through the wall 50 years ago so Mo just put in a garage door and painted a picture of her driving through it. World famous for their clam chowder and it was good.
We them proceeded up 101 heading to Astoria. ITs a scenic drive along the coast that I thoroughly enjoyed. The other drivers didn't seem to have Rodney's sense of urgency about driving. It took up about 4 hours to drive 200 miles. We stopped at Tillamook, home of the Fighting Cheesemakers, to tour the Tillamook Cheese Making Factory and enjoy some of their delicious ice cream. Then we headed to the Tillamook Air Museum to see the the largest privately owned WW II airplane collection in the world. They were stored in a blimp hanger the the visit is one Rodney will never forget. We then proceeded to Astoria to view the column they put in 1926 the commerate their history. It was closed so we weren't able to climb up to the top which is good and bad news. But the view from the parking lot was gorgeorus. Time for dinner and all we could find was Aztec where the waiters called us amigos and muchachas. Very annoying. Finally we make it to Olympia in time for bed and the PRiceline hotel, a Red Lion was a dud. No elevator and poor Rodney was getting tired lugging our suitcases in and out.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.022s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb