Okaaaaayyyy, So Maybe We Do...


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Oregon » Bandon
September 4th 2008
Published: September 4th 2008
Edit Blog Post

One Last Taste Of Home



Scene-
A scrumptious lunch served by the Taylor's, bidding us farewell. A scenic drive down the Old Pacific Highway ending at the quaint town of Bandon, OR. After a drawn out conversation with the power trippin State Park Ranger (He had us pegged as a coupla' prissy sissies), we came to Whiskey Run Beach.... A desolate dune lacking...oh my gosh, can it be....NO FACILITIES!???! Eh, we managed.
Tent pitched, sun setting, we rested well-for FREE- in the bosom of the coast.

Quote Of The Day:One day I'll be able to say that to you as it shoots out your ass!

How Did Sand Get There?!


Camping for free on the beach is great, but we had no idea we'd be taking it with us. After shakin' out our...everything...we continued on to Bandon and recieved instruction from locals on how to get to the nearest Cranberry Farm. Although we were seeking out guided tours, we decided to conduct our own tour of the farm and explored the wonders of the bogs. When we finished swimmin' in the cranberry wonderland, we headed out, continuing south. Low and behold, just outside of Bandon, another hitchhiker! We felt different immeadiatley...possibly because this hitcherhiker was young, attractive, smiling and waving...wait, so was Ted Bundy...regardless, we decided to pray, and felt God was giving us a green light. We pulled over a few blocks after we saw the intriguing young lad, rearranged the "goods", flipped a "B" and picked up Jamie, a fun-loving guy from Wales with a smashing cool accent!

The entire day was dedicated to driving towards San Fran, stopping only to marvel at Paul Bunion and Babe outside of the "trees of wonder", also known as the redwood forest...yes, we drove through the gigantic tree! As the 101 split off into highway 1, we dropped our wayward traveler, bidding him farewell and going about our merry way.

San Francisco!!!



After a good night's rest in a semi-seedy motel, we spotted the Golden Gate Bridge at noon-ish. HALLELUJAH!!! We wasted no time finding a parking spot, getting our three day passes for public transportation, and exploring everywhere: Downtown, Haight-Ashbury, Fisherman's Wharf, and Gloden Gate Park! We ended the day by resting our heads at the Fisherman's Wharf Hostel, overlooking the bay. We met an ecclectic variety of people all day long in this melting pot called San Francisco, and we have only just begun our exploration of this city.

There's no telling where The Good Lord will guide us today, but we can assure you that no hitchhikers will be involved (that was a one time only deal)! We're open to your commentaries, but assure you no chiding is necessary. Just remember YOU KNOW US, and without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible.
LOTS O LOVE!

Ang and Mir



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Free Spirits In Golden Gate ParkFree Spirits In Golden Gate Park
Free Spirits In Golden Gate Park

Yes...we forgot to put flowers in our hair!!


Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0401s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb