HEY YOU GUYS!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Oregon » Astoria
August 21st 2008
Published: August 29th 2008
Edit Blog Post

HEY YOU GUYS!HEY YOU GUYS!HEY YOU GUYS!

The Goonies House. It didn't get knocked down in real life (it might in the film, don't want to spoil it though....)
The Oregon coast is renowned for its ruggedly picturesque border with the Pacific. We will have to take this for granted because when we drove down it, the weather was horrific with gales, driving rain and not enough blue sky to make even a sailor's hankie, let alone trousers. However all was not lost as there was a secondary reason for our visit. A few hours south of Seattle is the small coastal town of Astoria, which has pimped itself to Hollywood on amny an occasion, and has hence appeared in a number of celluloid horrors such as Short Circuit (Number 5 Alive!), Kindergarten Cop and Free Willy. However it redeems itself as the setting for possibly the greatest childrens adventure movie ever, The Goonies . Written by Speilberg, a bunch of kids (The Goonies) go searching for One-Eyed Willy's pirate treasure, to save their home from being demolished by evil property developers. They are pursued on their search by a good old stereotypical italian-american family crime syndicate. The Goonies is one of McThommo's favourite fims and is up their on De Gorski's list so we tracked down some of the locations by having lunch in the local book shop.......


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

GOONIES NEVER SAY DIE!GOONIES NEVER SAY DIE!
GOONIES NEVER SAY DIE!

The jailhouse that the Fratellis escape from at the start of the film.


Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0411s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb