Through Oklahoma to Kansas


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Oklahoma
June 20th 2008
Published: June 21st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Alma, ArkansasAlma, ArkansasAlma, Arkansas

The ducks seemed to enjoy the rainy weather.
After the storm passed, we fixed coffee and had breakfast, then started to break camp. But the next round of storms came before we did any more than dry off the outside and do dishes. So we got a late start. So What. And I'm not going to say anything about Kerry barking and meowing at the ducks this morning.
We crossed the Arkansas River just before getting on the Muskogee Turnpike in Oklahoma. The river was muddy, fast and out of its banks. We took the Muskogee Turnpike to Tulsa. What a nice road, so much better than I-40 to OK City. Tulsa is a pretty town, clean, with lots of trees.
West of Tulsa both the Cimmaron and the Arkansas Rivers were high with muddy brown water. The Cimmaron Turnpike west to I-35 was a nice drive, with smooth road and not too much traffic. The total tolls on the two turnpikes came to $7, and we saved more than that on gas by not going through OK City.
Kansas is farm country for sure. We saw wheat being harvested and fields upon fields of corn. It's really beautiful, green with rolling hills.
We've
west of Tulsa, OKwest of Tulsa, OKwest of Tulsa, OK

the big, muddy Arkansas River
stopped for the night at Stapaulaken RV Park and Horse Motel in McPherson, KS.

Advertisement



21st June 2008

Thanks for the sweet birthday card....... You're gettin there too, buddy! LUV YA

Tot: 0.038s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0223s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb