Oklahoma City Memorial


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Oklahoma » Oklahoma City
August 12th 2006
Published: August 12th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Our Family's Visit to The Oklahoma City Memorial Site



During our trip down to Oklahoma to be involved in a friend's wedding last week, we had a few extra hours between checkout time at the hotel and time to arrive for the wedding, so we took the kids downtown to the memorial site of the Oklahoma City Bombing.

It was serene, still, peaceful, quite, and breath-taking. Brent was a firefighter in the Air Force when this happened, and the kids were too little to even remember it, so as we walked through the memorial we had to explain to our 3 small children of how horrible this was and the tragedy that struck the nation as a whole as we sat back in disbelief of the terror striking in Middle America.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

Garrett learning about the Survivor TreeGarrett learning about the Survivor Tree
Garrett learning about the Survivor Tree

This was the only tree left standing at the site, protected by its bark and left stnading amidst the ruins.....
Circle of Strength and HonorCircle of Strength and Honor
Circle of Strength and Honor

This patio encircles the survivor tree on the site for you to sit, pray, remember, and breath in the strength of our great nation's ability of overcome tragedy with love, honor, and humility as we grow and learn.


7th March 2007

very sad
The OK memorial is very sad, but very beautiful. I had the pleasure of visiting OK in 2001, and remember the tragety clearly. But your pics are beautiful !

Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0631s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb