Oklahoma and it's 106!!


Advertisement
Published: August 1st 2011
Edit Blog Post

We thought this was a pub!We thought this was a pub!We thought this was a pub!

Turns out to be a cowboy superstore, everything from chaps to 10 gallon hats!
Left Amarillo around 11am and it was pretty warm even then. Did some route 66 then I40 but had to stop more than usual due to dehydration! Stopped off in the small irish town of Shamrock! I know, in the middle of the Texas panhandle!! As well as loads of irish pubs, the town also has a wonderfully preserved 20's Gas Station.

Stopped in other small towns on the route such as Elk city for gas and El Reno for lunch. 270 miles later we were in Oklahoma! Found a motel with a pool (priority!) and decided to rest and stay for two days. This was a good idea as the temperature was rising; not good for us wearing leathers and black helmets!

It was great to lock up the Harley, get the shorts on and dive into the open air pool. I didn't want to come out! Later we went over the road to a fab pub/resturant called Trappers, which sells gaitor meat, among other things! They actually have a tank with a live gaitor swimming around.

Pretty much just relaxed in Oklahoma for the two days. Got some washing done and chilled out at the pool (in the shade, obviously) The kids here go back to school tomorrow so we'll head off early for Tulsa, beat the traffic and the heat, hopfully!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.175s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0788s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb