Oklahoma Winter and Greece...


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Oklahoma » Oklahoma City
October 29th 2010
Published: October 29th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Ice in the MidwestIce in the MidwestIce in the Midwest

Ice collecting on bushes
Winter in Oklahoma can be a blissful one, but when ice fell on the great state, the results were horrific and costly. In 2007 Oklahoma experienced its worse ever ice storm when an inch of ice fell on the state causing major power outages in all 77 counties. Residents were without electricity for hours, and in some locations--months! Trees and branches were burdened with the weight of the ice as many drooped so low that their branches reached street level.

Greece is one of the most beautiful places in the world. With several different islands and ports, Greece is one of the easiest Mediterranean locations in the world to reach. Whether you travel by plane, ship, train or car, Greece is perfect for the person who wants a nice quiet slow paced vacation or escape. The country is certainly in a financial bind, but you couldn’t tell from the people and their attitude towards foreigners. The hospitality and generosity was evident and a constant everywhere in Greece—Santorini, Mykonos, and Athens.

The Greek isles are one of the easiest places to maneuver. The islands of Santorini and Mykonos are playgrounds for those who wish to transport themselves from hotel to
GreeceGreeceGreece

Sunset in Santorini
beach, beach to restaurant, or from a night on the town to a high hill to view the constellations by way of car, motorcycle or moped.

The view of Santorini in the evenings is breath-taking and will be embedded in one's memory for years. The city is one of the most gorgeous locations in the world and has one of the busiest nightlife’s in the world only second behind Mykonos which is the party capital of the Mediterranean. One can hear the music, laughter, wine glasses clinging well into the next morning.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Beaches of SantoriniBeaches of Santorini
Beaches of Santorini

A cool breeze on the beaches of Santorini


Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0342s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb