Day 3: Why, It's a Major Award!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Ohio » Cleveland
June 29th 2015
Published: June 30th 2015
Edit Blog Post

DaY 3: Latitude 41.52, Longitude 81.67. Sunny and 70 turned to some rain in the afternoon upper 60's

Yes, we visited the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Plus, next door was a science center that had a tiny NASA exhibit featuring my hero John Glenn. But, did you know that Cleveland, Ohio is where they shot many of the exteriors for A Christmas Story. I was so excited I almost shot my eye out. Tracey and the boys were waiting for me to exit the John Glenn exhibit and when I walked out Tracey said Ralphie's house was just a few miles away and closed in an hour so we rushed right over. We'll come back to that.

When planning the trip, we asked the boys what sites they would like to see in America. Luc picked the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. So, here we are. We had some folks tell us it was an all day thing and others said they went through in an hour. We were more on the all day side. There's plenty of great memorabilia from so many eras and icons of Rock. The listening stations were quite cool where you could pick and Artist and see who influenced them and who they influenced. It really tied the artists and genres of Rock together. Whether you like rap, country, metal, or disco you cold see where they all got their roots. My two favorites were the anti-censorship exhibit and Pink Floyd's The Wall.

One thing we really noticed is that they like their AC in Cleveland. Between the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, our hotel, the restaurants, and the Christmas Story location they all had the air conditioning set to 65 or lower.

We pull up to Ralphie's House and instead of parking on the street like everyone else, this guy with the orange flag waves us into his yard for fiver. It was worth it and happily when we got back to the car it was not on blocks. "See what a finski can do to a guy's attitude." (Oh wait, that's tomorrow in Chicago.)

We were able to get into the last guided tour of the day and really enjoy the "soft glow of electric sex gleaming in the window." Luc, tried on the gift from Aunt Clara, we heard Mrs. Schwartz flip out on the upstairs phone; however, the Bumpass's dogs must have been tied up because it was pretty quiet there.

The pics will tell the rest of the story, enjoy.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0479s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb