back to classes..


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » North Carolina
October 30th 2006
Published: November 1st 2006
Edit Blog Post

It wasnt good having to return to classes on Monday after being in Washington for 5 days...and I had 2 exams to do too. So this week was spent trying to catch up with some studying, although its so hard to get motivated when there is so much other fun stuff to do...

Anyway come the weekend I was ready for some fun, and I had the best weekend Ive had in ages. Didnt do any work from thurs to sunday, slept during the day and partied at night!! Was so good to just act like a student again and forget about travelling/studying and just have some lazy days and some crazy nights.

Thursday night I somehow managed to get into the pub which is over 21's...dont ask! There was a really cool band playing there, so this was pretty cool, we then went to another bar, which was also over 21's but again somehow I got in and my friend had organised a charity music concert. So there were a load of different people there performing, I was supposed to be performing but have been ill recently so didnt fancy singing in front of a load of strangers. It was a really good night, and we had a lot of variety in the music. My two friends from France, Ancelin and Morgan, played guitar and sang and no lie they sound just like radiohead...ok well they did play some radiohead songs but even singing French songs they sounded like them. This is was cool and reminded me of the good old early templa days with Ste singing on open mike night....aww!

Friday night we went to a Halloween costume party...was sooo funny. Everyone really made an effort to dress up. I went as a cat which wasnt too difficult to do, but some peoples costumes were so good! We dressed up my friend Christoph in a toga, which took us like 1 minute to wrap over him and everyone was amazed by it...they thought it took us forever! This party was good, lots of fun and lots of drinking except by 2am the cops had arrived outside....so drinks were quickly downed and luckily he didnt acually come inside he just asked Jordan(who was hosting the party) to get everyone to leave and this cop guy had to watch us all leave....was quite lucky that he wasnt issuing tickets or anything.... So we just moved our party to our friends apartment...haha...and carried on till about 4 when everyone jsut kind of fell asleep!

Saturday there was another football game against Furman who are supposed to be our biggest rivals and the hardest team to beat, but hey we kicked their ass...beat them 32-7, was a really good game,I am really getting into this American football stuff...although it was freezing....like numbingly cold, we were all there in our winter coats hats scarves and gloves...thats dedication. Saturday was another party....at Vlora's (from macedonia). This was lots of fun too, jsut the usual lots of drinking, a couple of rows, a few bitch fights, lots of revelations about the internationals...haha....was a really funny night though and the party went on till like 4, so didnt get to bed till about 5...!

Sunday was spent studying and sleeping all day! Was a good weekend though, and hopefully there will be some more parties on tuesday (actual halloween) but until then, its time to study.

Cant believe I only have 6 weeks left of school, then travelling for 3 weeks then home!! Oh and in 3 weeks, for thanksgiving, I have decided to go to Canada to see Jen...cant wait, will be so good to do some legal drinking (have to be 19 in Canada to drink) and to see a friendly face, but I bet its going to be sooo cold there...uh oh!

Things are fine here though, am getting a bit tired of some people but that happens I suppose, just making me even more excited about coming home!

Hope everyone is well and healthy and having fun!!

Layla
-x-




Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



1st November 2006

hahaha layla, hair looks crazy. glad ure still having fun!! bye!!
3rd November 2006

WAY HAY!!!
Love da hair!!!!! I fink u sud keep it!!!!!! MWAH XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Tot: 0.038s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 24; dbt: 0.018s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb