Hey hey Hayley!!


Advertisement
Published: April 21st 2008
Edit Blog Post

We got into Raleigh after a 5 hour bus journey from Charlottsville. When we got in2 Raleigh we trundled off 2 get somethin 2 eat as i was meetin my friend Hayley from uni, but she was drivin from greensboro so wasn't gonna be here 4 a while. As i was in the south i decided 2 try out some southern food. I had gumbo... which was pretty good. Not the feasts i was prepared 4 though!!
After some scran, we headed up the capital buildin and waited 4 Hayley 2 show up. When she got here i was greeted with a nice hug and i introduce her 2 ben.
We then had a game of tetris tryin 2 get our bags and stuff 2 fit in her boot... we succeeded and hayley took us 2 a real good pizza place.
She then took us on a mini tour of Raleigh b4 drivin us back 2 her house in Cary.
We were introduced 2 Hayleys parents. Who r perhaps the nicest people in the world. They made us feel so welcome in there home and gave us lots of advice on what 2 do and see in this fine old country.

Day 2
Got up 2 find breakfast had been prepared 4 us by Hayley's mum. Breakfast been an understatement... this was a feast which was sooooooooooooooooo good. Man i could have eaten them waffles till the cows came home!!
Hayley then took us on a tour of the surrondin area. We went UNC which was a real cool little town and then we went 2 Duke uni and duke gardens. Duke was a real grand, english lookin place and there was even a frat party going on!!
Duke gardens were real nice aswell.
Got back 2 Hayleys where another feast was prepared 4 us. Grits and shrimp, with sweet potato casserole... man i was gonna find it difficult 2 leave this place.
We then went 2 grab some coffee and meet some of Hayleys friends.

Day 3
Got up and had a nice walk along a lake and then Hayley drove us 2 Target, where i bought a spiderman t-shirt and some root beer!! We got back 2 hayleys and pledged r undyin gratitude 2 her parents and then set off 2 greensboro, where Hayley studies.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.135s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0474s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb