Raleigh, NC


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » North Carolina » Raleigh
October 23rd 2022
Published: February 26th 2023
Edit Blog Post

The drive from Lynchburg to Falls Lake State Recreation Area, Holly Point Campground, provided beautiful fall foliage. We dialed it back and rested for a couple days, shopped and did laundry. The State Farmer’s Market provided some tasty vegetables and apples. We did a car tour of Duke University and rode the rigorous golf course bike trail and some of the meandering American Tobacco bike trail. In a visit to Wake Forest, we toured the city Historical Museum, drove by the original Duke University campus (now a Baptist seminary) and visited Brad, Andrea and their kids.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Falls Lake State Recreation AreaFalls Lake State Recreation Area
Falls Lake State Recreation Area

Lovely campground on Falls Lake. Lots of trees, lovely lake views, and a nice park to bike.
State Farmers MarketState Farmers Market
State Farmers Market

The State Farmers Market in Raleigh is open year round with NC farmers selling produce, plants, and other specialty items produced on local farms. There is an open pavilion, an enclosed climate-controlled building, market imports, and a few restaurants. Since we were there in the fall the pumpkins and mums were plentiful.
Duke University Chapel.Duke University Chapel.
Duke University Chapel.

We drove through part of the campus, including past the beautiful campus chapel. The architectural style of the Chapel was inspired by English Gothic. There are 77 stained glass windows depicting bible characters and stories.


Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 17; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0718s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb