Brewing Of The Storm


Advertisement
Published: August 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Storm Brewing On Ocracoke Island NCStorm Brewing On Ocracoke Island NCStorm Brewing On Ocracoke Island NC

The power of the barrier island storms ! Cedar Island ferry 2 1/2 Hour Crossing
This snap shot was taken while waiting for the Cedar Island ferry ride over to Ocracoke Island . Threating massive in size , dark clouds furiously rush over the docking station before boarding . This was an amazing site appearing in a 3D effect over the Island . Right before the downfall of the rain , the thunder rumbled over head ....announcing its mighty power , and adding its threating beauty to the Island ambiance . What seems to be a everyday event according to the locals...... does not last long, as it rushes out traveling the coast as fast as it had rushed in . When evening finally sets in and the day is a success , you can bask in the peace and traquility of the sunset over the coast and the seclusion from all that is stress ! Included is a few shots of some amazing dolphins that seem to follow along side the ferry as if they were the welcome committe ! They were a beautiful site to see , thus adding to the beauty of this amazeing Island !

Blog & Photo By : Denise M. Watkins


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Leaving The Dock 20 Min After The StormLeaving The Dock 20 Min After The Storm
Leaving The Dock 20 Min After The Storm

Clear For Crossing as we began our journey over to Ocracoke Island, leaving the Cedar Island docks , shot taken from the deck of the Cedar Island ferry .
Leaving The Dock 20 Min After The StormLeaving The Dock 20 Min After The Storm
Leaving The Dock 20 Min After The Storm

Another shot taken from the deck of the Cedar island ferry, as we began the 2 1/2 hour trip over to Ocracoke Island .
Inlet view of cedar Island ferry !Inlet view of cedar Island ferry !
Inlet view of cedar Island ferry !

This is a shot of the ferry leaving the inlet of Cedar Island !
Cedar Island Ferry Docking Station !Cedar Island Ferry Docking Station !
Cedar Island Ferry Docking Station !

This is a shot of part of the Cedar island docking station for boarding the ferry !
Cedar Island Ferry Crossing To Ocracoke Island !Cedar Island Ferry Crossing To Ocracoke Island !
Cedar Island Ferry Crossing To Ocracoke Island !

This is a shot of the me as the ferry was in route to the island ... you can see the power of the winds , the salty air that accumilated on my sun glasses left me cleaning them several times so i could see LOL ! It felt amazeing tho and the view was a work of art !
Welcome Committe !Welcome Committe !
Welcome Committe !

Now that is what is call..... rolling out the water carpet ! ... hehe...( like rolling out the red carpet phrase ! )
Waving Hello !Waving Hello !
Waving Hello !

This little guy seemed like he was waving at us with his tail !
Jumping For Joy !Jumping For Joy !
Jumping For Joy !

Think they were happy to see us ?
Show Off !Show Off !
Show Off !

Ok now he is just showing off LOL !
Up For Glory !Up For Glory !
Up For Glory !

This one made sure he had our attention when he used his tail to come straight to the top of the water !
Waving Goodbye !Waving Goodbye !
Waving Goodbye !

On our way into the docks on the island i could almost swore this one ws waving goodbye lol !


Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0466s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb