Marion, mountains, merry


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » North Carolina » Marion
April 24th 2013
Published: April 24th 2013
Edit Blog Post

hi friends, as long as people keep reading this thing i will keep writing. enjoing small town NC at the foothills of the Black Mountains. all is well here. face is a little sun burnt though. i camped at Deep Gap last night. about 5 miles north of Mt. Mitchel, tallest peak east of the Mississippi. Spent the night before camped out close to the peak at Commisary campground. bought and paid for. Colder that night (at Commisary) then last night at Deep Gap. (in fact i didn't get out of the tent until it warmed up sufficiently, like 9:30, I think). though the wind picked up sometime in the early morning when it was still dark out. This is a beautiful place here, outside Marion in the Mtns and the folk here seem friendly. they are having a book sale here (at the library) end of May if you all are interested!

having a sunburnt face kinda of takes away the pleasantries of life! oh, well. Marion has a lake (dam made), and creeks, and plenty of woods surrounding and of course the mountains. i met some folk who were hiking that "bag" all the highest peaks in this part of the state. most of them are in the Black mtn range (which is only 15 miles long and in the shape of a J). i slept alone both nights. cold in the mornings but warms to about 70. The range of the black mountains is like Canada i read. it has bird and trees species that you would find up north because of the high elevation. there are ravens, and falcons, and fraser and red spruce trees. there are lots of other birds like a type of Junco and wrens and, and...moss hangs from the trees. there are lots of varities of that too including one that is used for antibiotics.

the rangers were friendly and helpful too. they told me about how there have been at least 5 plane crashes on the mountain. the one i walked right by all of the passengers were killed on a medical type craft, they say. i saw two military copters overhead yesterday. one was a passenger/cargo copter with double blades, the other was an Apache or Cobra, single blade. pretty mean looking. Ft. Bragg and Ft. Craig ( i think) are close by. good place to train the hikers with the club of peak baggers tell me. i saw 4 dogs out hiking on my two days of hiking. one was a Golden with a backpack.

spring time is in full bloom on the lower elevation slopes and valleys. up high things are coming up too. can't tell you the name of the plant but i have seen them before in the mountains.

we'll, i gotts to find a place to stay tonight. maybe Asheville.





these days roll on like the freight trains and the trucks of america delivering happiness for the people of the east and west, north, south. they roll on into the dawn of a new era. a new dawn, the golden age of awareness. awareness of whatever you wish. awareness of awareness itself!

the days roll on into the new year, 2013, 10 year reunion of "my" AT hike! why my in qoutes? becasue i am letting "me" go?

i pause and contemplate. it is uncomfotable not knowing isn't it? being "by yourself". the woods bring me back home. that is where we came from, partly. we also came from the stars, they say. Star Elders i have read. Our divinity.

a tree grows roots , establishes itself and blooms over time growing stronger and stronger by the day and night

when its night comes it begins to wither and die then turns to humus eventually feeding new species of plant and same species of tree.

a human could be like a tree planted firmly in one place and grow and grow

and blossom and sink its roots deeper and deeper till it dies...

or a human could be like a tumble weed blowing in the wind like Austin B. says

or a human could be human and wander to a fro not knowing in uncertainty in doubt but alive! a live one is caught here. fish in a net wigggling about, to and fro

let me go

swim and run free like the antelope, lion, looking for food, always on the move

like the ancient civilizations (or present like some of the Mongolians), nomadic, travelling

some tribes believe to build a house a dwelling place is to die.

like a cage.

this would be a good place to settle down if one were to settle

a little chicken coop, and a straw bale (house)

and a yard

and garden

with mountains in the background and a stream gurgling by

the faires are near

the elves point the arrows

and Lord of the Rigs

drive on

drive on

manifesting a destination of freedom

i know what Chris of Into The Wild feels like

he was lonely.

but you gotta continue on friends.

continueing on...



i carve a path into the solitude of living

i retreat to the mountains with the wind a whipping

whipped face

and sundrenched clothes and hands

i travel on

staying still

staying still in the darkness of the soul

i am told

brightness glitters

and rains fall

washing anew

day to come

early

dawn

being

coming

going

forsaking nothing

encompassing all

gloom, death, destruction

creation , evolution, peace, happiness

it is all

it is all

and you are all of it

or none of it

both

It is all



tonight a gathering takes place

Awakening Zone Radio

Pepper Lewis, Solutions for a Small Planet

it is about the mind

is it working for you

or against you?

does positive affimation work?

prayer?

Pepper Lewis

Channel, guide

of Mother Earth, Gaia

she helps and I have seen her spin words of healing

gentle soul she is, and one with the Earth

one with the Earth



thank you all for reading.

God bless

Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0462s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb