Conover, N.C. - Day 3: Together With Our Family


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » North Carolina » Conover
December 31st 2014
Published: December 31st 2014
Edit Blog Post

Camping WorldCamping WorldCamping World

All de-winterized and hooked back up.
HAPPY NEW YEAR'S EVE! ????⌛️????✨???☺️.... enjoy your celebration night safely.....like us: watching the ball drop while in bed. But that is just some of the time....often we fall asleep even before the New Year begins. Such is life.

Today, we woke up in the LaQuinta Inn & Suites in Hickory, N.C. Our son, Cory, and his family live in Conover, N.C., a short distance away. We have stayed here many times in our travels South. It has a fabulous, seafood restaurant attached which we take full advantage. We actually arrived in the area yesterday (Statesville, N.C.) @ 3:30 PM. There we found a Camping World. We checked to see if we could get our RV de-winterized. Luck to us, they could do it right then and there. So now we have that task done. It is cold and will get colder in the night but Cory said it would be fine (Mr. Optimist). Temps should go into the 50's as the week goes on. We still won't stay in the RV until Tropical Palms. It would be like sleeping on a mortician's slab because our foam mattress is still frozen.

It is great being with Cory and all his
LaQuinta Inns & SuitesLaQuinta Inns & SuitesLaQuinta Inns & Suites

Lulu poses in front of RV.
family again. Our grandchildren change so much with each visit. They are all so grown-up. Where has the time gone?? We ate lunch together at my favorite place: The Harbor Inn. Jennifer's father has been visiting with them this week. He returns to Angelica, NY tomorrow. We shall depart on Friday. I belong to a Facebook group called "Old Farms and Barns". Our friend, Kevin, signed us up. I love old barns and deserted old houses and this site is filled with fantastic photographs of each. They are photos taken by each member....some even from Europe. I asked Cory if there were any deserted barns or houses around his area. He took us to a great place with an little old wooden barn/shed standing in wait for me to photograph it. The bonanza was the old outhouse behind it. Lulu insisted on using it. There are times she is not as fussy as you would think. This was one of them.

I'm in pet heaven when at their home. They have 3 pugs that are so adorable. The oldest is 13 years old now and you can see the aging process at work on all them. They still are
Our Grandchildren and FriendsOur Grandchildren and FriendsOur Grandchildren and Friends

Rachael, Fox, Shenen.....Lulu and her cousin. It's been a year since they're seen each other. Happy New Year!
busy pugs...traveling around their house as a pack. I just love them. When we had Chip, these sweet pugs would wander through his legs like he was the Trojan Horse. ???

Time to end today's blog plus the year itself. This year, for us, will be celebrated like last: watching Anderson Cooper & Kathy Griffin on TV in Times Square. We can all sing "Auld Lang Syne" together now. ?????. Happy New Year Everyone! See you in 2015.





Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Fox & Rachael and Their Cars.Fox & Rachael and Their Cars.
Fox & Rachael and Their Cars.

Plus Lulu's Tall Cousin.
Some of their Motorcycles Some of their Motorcycles
Some of their Motorcycles

Lulu wanted to ride them all.......
Abandoned Barn Abandoned Barn
Abandoned Barn

Lulu is on the stairs...of course.
The Old OuthouseThe Old Outhouse
The Old Outhouse

Lulu insisted!


Tot: 0.437s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 53; dbt: 0.3072s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb