Billy Graham Library


Advertisement
Published: June 12th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Billy Graham HomeBilly Graham HomeBilly Graham Home

This is his actual childhood home that they moved here and rebuilt. His parents where dairy farmers who lived 4 miles from here.
What an amazing place and an amazing man. I had been looking forward to visiting this place since we decided to make this journey South and I wasn't disappointed. The grounds are immaculate and so peaceful. It is not over done it is just simple and perfect. Even if you are not a strong believer, I think you will enjoy this because like I said it is not done in an "in your face" kind of way. It is done for you to have your own journey and reflection with God as Billy Graham wants everyone to know Him, Jesus Christ, not him, Billy Graham. He touched so many from so many nations it is astounding. The pictures will speak for themselves. Everything is free but if you want to make a donation you can. Even with that said, they don't pressure you or have donation boxes set up all over to guilt you into it. It is really a classy place as he was and is a true gentleman.

Tomorrow Wayne & Rhonda, Don's brother-in-law and wife from Virginia, are driving down to spend a couple of days here with us to see the NASCAR Hall of Fame and some NASCAR garages. Then as bizarre as this is going to sound, my brother is flying into Charlotte on Sunday for a conference so we are going to have dinner with him. We live less than 50 miles from each other and don't see each other and then we travel 2500 miles across the US to meet for dinner. ??????

Hope you enjoy the pictures from the Library. I just can't express how truly amazing it was. I just know that I am very blessed and I wish that for all my friends and family. 😊K



P.S. Please make sure that you click on the pictures so that you get the full view of them. That way you can really enjoy them.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Graham LibraryGraham Library
Graham Library

This is the entrance to the Library. As you notice you enter through the cross.
Ruth GrahamRuth Graham
Ruth Graham

This picture of Ruth was Billy's favorite picture of her. She died in 2007 and is buried on the property.
Ruth Graham Wedding DressRuth Graham Wedding Dress
Ruth Graham Wedding Dress

This is her wedding dress which she made. She took a tiny part of her veil, which you see draped over the right shoulder, after the birth of each of her 5 children and lined their bassinet with it. Cool idea.
Ruth's graveRuth's grave
Ruth's grave

This is the grave that is here on the property. He will be buried next to her.
Honda 90Honda 90
Honda 90

I took a picture of this because as a kid this is what I used to ride around on for hours and hours. I thought it was funny that Billy Graham had one too.
Rev G LicenseRev G License
Rev G License

This license plate was given to him to use when he was in Washington for the Inauguration of Reagan and George Bush. You might be able to read the story about it. He gave guidance to many of our presidents.
Cross from InsideCross from Inside
Cross from Inside

Here is the cross from the inside. The message here is that they want you to leave walking out at the foot of the cross. Very symbolic and moving.


Tot: 0.135s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0689s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb