Building Kingdoms


Advertisement
Published: April 2nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

The day that we drove from Charlotte, NC to Knoxville, TN we made a stop to see the Billy Graham ministry's retreat center nestled in the wooded mountains. Unfortunately due to security we couldn't see much of the grounds except for the chapel containing photos and highlights from Billy and Ruth Graham's lives. It was amazing to think of the hundreds of thousands of people around the world who have been influenced by Billy Graham's preaching and their son, Franklin's ministry to the impoverished. It was exciting to read of the faith of Ruth, who went to be with Jesus several years ago, and to imagine the great reward that she met there.

Not much longer into our drive that day, we saw signs for the Biltmore mansion. Thinking that we probably won't pass through this area again soon we pulled off the exit to see the largest house built in the USA. I imagine we would have seen lavish rooms, exquisite décor, and the like, but the fifty dollar per person tickets staved us off. As we drove away I felt the Lord used these two stops to help me regain perspective. One stop showed people who worked to build the Kingdom of Jesus Christ, the other a kingdom of this world. Made me think: which kingdom will I work for?


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



2nd April 2011

Appreciate following your journey
Thanks for including us in your travel blog. I enjoy reading about your trip, we have had friends who sailed in their 36' sailboat from Atlanatic City, NJ to the Bahamas last winter, it was so nice to see their pictures and follow all their adventures. It is wonderful to be a part of what you are experiencing, Uncle Al and I will relive some of our motorcycle trips across country as we have traveled thru all of the USA, except Hawaii, there is no bridge yet!!!!! Have a wonderful time and we will keep you all in our prayers for a safe and wonderful trip.

Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0525s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb