Welcome to America!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York
October 26th 2012
Published: October 26th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Apologies to our avid reader or possibly readers for our lack of blogging recently, we got lazy, lots to update on our American adventure. Turns out our ridiculously cheap flight from Naples to New York was a legitimate Italian airline and we made it to New York in one piece even being provided with a complimentary meal and drinks… It was all go from the moment we arrived in NYC, Tom was extremely excited to be reunited with his buddy Kev and they spent the first night talking I don’t know what until the small hours. Kev and Agata were excellent hosts and they gave us a great taste of living in New York’s East Village.

We had an amazing few days (and nights) in New York, taking advantage of the great coffee shops, restaurants and bars on our doorstep. Besides sampling the local nightlife, we checked out some of the sights… Brooklyn Bridge, Central Park, Times Square, Wall Street, Museum of Modern Art, and the September 11th Memorial. We also caught the bus to Washington DC to check out Obama’s pad and experience some American culture at Kev and Agata’s friend’s house where they hosted a housewarming / college football party. We got to play the American favourite game ‘Flip Cup’ which Lucy excelled at and Tom was pretty embarrassingly bad.

Next stop was a brief two days in Boston. We really only had time to go on the Freedom Trail which was an American Revolution walking tour guided by a pretty crazy but very knowledgably Bostonian – he had the best accent! It was a really interesting tour and a good way to see a lot of the city. From Boston we went our separate ways for a few weeks; Lucy headed West to meet Louise and Jess in California and Tom headed to the Deep South to meet Tim, Hux and Mike. We both survived our respective trips and since met up in Denver, picked up our campervan and headed into the wild. To be continued…


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0263s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb