Getting Closer to Being Ready.....


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York
August 6th 2012
Published: August 6th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Closer.....to being ready to leave. Departure date will be this Wednesday, August 8th. "CALIFORNIA here we come....".

We have talked with some folks who have made the trip across the USA. They warn us it will be HOT traveling. It's hot right where we are but they say it will be even HOTTER (super HOT). We have 2 big, battery operated fans that we used for Chip that we are going to place on the floor pointing right at us as we ride. If necessary, I guess we can put on the generator and the air-conditioning. What a switch from our trips South in January when our lips are blue, bodies are wildly shaking with the cold and our breath is frozen like a popsicle sticking out of our mouths. One person suggested just traveling in the morning -- if we do that, we might be home by Christmas. Cory has his 50th class reunion Oct.19th so we will be back for that.

We had a great time this weekend with out family in Canandaigua, NY. It was extra HOT so going to Roseland Water Park was the perfect plan. We had one mishap there. Cory had put ALL his money in a plastic baggy in his bathing suit pocket. He went into the big wave pool and a huge wave knocked his money baggy out of his pocket. We all got into this gigantic pool and searched for it but with no luck. It was worst than looking for a needle in a haystack. I almost drowned when a big wave engulfed me since I wasn't paying any attention --- We are sure someone spotted it before us: our loss, their gain -- finders, keepers, losers, weepers ---easy come, easy go, etc. We only hope it was someone who really needed it and would benefit from their find. Now, Mr.Lucky, is planning on hitting the first casino we come to and recouping his loss. He is so lucky on the crap table that I have no doubt he will come out a winner.

Our travel blog site is not very user-friendly. I have heard from several of you about the challenge you have had getting onto it. I have also found it confusing with some of the aspects I use. My first blog had our home address for the world to see so I had to go back and cancel that even though it had already been published for a little while. About like hanging out a neon sign in front of our house that says "take what you want, we aren't here for 2 months". Now we have booby-trapped the house. One of my blogs has Corning as a location -- that was because it said I HAD TO have a location so I just put that in to throw whomever off --- that is why I have now gone to these private invitations...better late than never.

We are anxious to get started. Where we go, what we see and what we do ........we shall share with you!

Happy Trails to you ....CORSA (a nickname I had to come up with for this crazy blog)

Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0439s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb