New York City


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York
March 29th 2012
Published: March 29th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Day 1: A friend drops me and Melissa off at the airport 2 hours early and we board the plane 1/2 hour late because a passenger was trying to find her handbag. The flight took hours, but we still had a good time. We drifted in and out of sleep every few hours and when we were both awake, we would talk and talk about what we were going to do and where we were going to go.



Day 2: We arrive in New York in the afternoon after an odd flight. The food was alright but we feel so sick because we aren't used to flying for that long. We catch a Cab and arrive at our hotel which is sooo lovely!! The place looks beautiful and as soon as we walk into our room, we drop our bags and jump on our beds and start having a pillow fight. After an hour of checking the hotel out. We start unpacking and organising what we're going to do the following day. What an exhausting day!!!



Day 3: We decide to check out the big tourist attractions first to get them out of the way. We catch a ride on the bus to see the statue of Liberty and take a million pictures of it and us! And then we drive past the Empire state building and also take quite a few pictures. We then went to the shop to buy today and tomorrow's food. Err, we have to go to Church as well even though we don’t want to. Melissa was trying to argue with me, and asked if I wanted to go alone and offered stay at the hotel by herself but I literally had to drag her out!!



Day 4: We got up at 6:00am for an early start because we're on the New York Skyride and seeing the beautiful view of the city from a helicopter. After that finishes, we go to McCafe for breakfast and have an egg and bacon McMuffin at McDonalds. The smell was so good that we had to come in here and eat, even though we were meant to stay away from fast food shops.



Day 5: Today was the day dedicated to shopping!! There were sooo many good shops! We went shopping for souvenir's first and then clothes shopping, my favourite part. We then bought all the food, snacks and other stuff that we would need for the rest of the trip. It was so fun! Melissa and I were trying on the sunglasses and dresses and laughing 'til we couldn't laugh anymore. As usual, making a fool of ourselves in public, but having the best time ever! We go to Broadway because my dad told me they have the best live plays there and they have nearly any play. I booked it days ago and got the last tickets for Romeo and Juliet by Shakespeare, some random cheap play that Melissa wanted to go to and of course Wicked. OMG! The plays where the best! We cried and we laughed our heads off and they were sooo good!! The actors were amazing the story lines were awesome. I would definitely recommend going there again.



Day 6: It was so cold today! We treated ourselves to going to a spa and getting massages and pedicures done. It felt so relaxing and enjoyable. We had brought food with us that we bought from the shops so we could save a bit of money, and we had a picnic at a lake nearby. We spent the rest of the afternoon at the place and went back to our hotel around 6pm. We heard about the nightclubs from some other young ladies and went with at 9pm when the good bands start playing and the place comes alive. As we were getting drinks, two attractive guys came up to us and asked us for a dance. I took the one of the guy’s hands and Melissa took the others and followed. My guy had black, soft hair, was tanned and his name was Mike and Melissa's guy had brown hair, was slightly tanned and his name was Jake. We danced the whole night and had so much fun! The guys were very interesting and it turned out that they also came to visit New York and were from Perth and were staying at the same hotel as we were. What a coincidence! At 3am, we were buggered and Mike and Jake took us back to the hotel and said goodnight. What a day!



Day 7: Since having met Mike and Jake, we organised to spend the day with them and they took us to see 'The Vow' at the cinemas and took us out for lunch. After a while, Mike took me off somewhere and Jake took Melissa off somewhere else and planned to meet each other once we finish dinner. We sat by the Hudson River and watched the sunset and we took turns, telling each other about our lives and getting to know each other better. When we become hungry, he takes my hand and leads me to a Restaurant called; Hard Rock Café. The shops, cafés and restaurants here are awesome but we have to tip them every time; I'm amazed! It was a good night and it won't be the only night I spend with him because we're going to keep contact and him and Jake are coming back to Perth a month after we leave so I won't see him for a while. Melissa and I are glad we saw them.



Day 8: So tired man! We laze around in bed all day because we’re sick of going out. I brought a few books in case I get bored (who would get bored here!) and I also bought a few cheap ones here as well. Melissa doesn't really like to read so she just watches TV most of the day and talks to her parents on the phone because they keep on ringing her because they're worried sick that something might happen to her and I told them that I'll protect her and make sure nothing happens to her and they trust me. At one point I go and watch TV with her and we watch for hours because we're addicted to the "Pretty little liars" series. Later on, Mike and Jake visit to spend the last night with us before we go back to Perth and we have a good time. We watch a movie then have a cook off. Me and Melissa versus Mike and Jake. Of course we win because we cook spaghetti bolognaise and they cook 2 minute noodles! We say goodnight to them when they leave and Melissa and I stay up, gossiping and telling each other about Mike and Jake.



Day 9: Today, even though is not the last day, is the last day to do anything here. We went for a stroll in Central Park and went to a few shops. We went to 5th Avenue again and checked out as much of the shops and places there that we could and had lunch there as well. We go crazy at night and go to the One Direction concert. I swear that we were the loudest ones there!! We were screaming ours lungs out and singing so much that we could barely speak after that and our throats were so sore. It was a once in a life time chance, they were the best and even though they're a few years younger than us we love them. When we could hear ourselves again, we went to the nightclub again and got ourselves a drink and danced until we couldn't feel our feet anymore.



Day 10: Today is the last day of our trip and we pack most of the morning and eat breakfast at a restaurant across the street. We feel so buggered and tired from the time difference and staying up late every night! I realise at the last minute again that we were meant to go to church today but we had too much on so I'm pretty sure God will let us off this time ;]. We leave tomorrow but we stay indoors apart from a walk. Mike and Jake come to say goodbye because they're busy tomorrow and can't cancel the thing that they're doing but we enjoy every bit of it. We had such a good time and it's so good to see Melissa so happy and enjoying herself.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0679s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb