New York day 2


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York
May 24th 2007
Published: May 24th 2007
Edit Blog Post

The Today ShowThe Today ShowThe Today Show

Luke and Richard watched the filming of the American Breakfast Show – “The Today Show” at the Rockefeller Centre.
We split into two groups today. The guys got up early and headed back to the Rockefeller Centre to see the Today Show being filmed and tour the NBC studios. The studio tour took them through the sets of ‘Saturday Night Live’ and the ‘Conan O’Brien’ shows. After that, they headed to the Silver Screen and saw ‘Next’ at the movies. Then it was a New York Gastronomic experience - stuffing as many hot-dogs into them as they walked to Times Square!

The girls (Lauren, Ellen and Andrea) got up at a more respectable hour (11am!) and went shopping! GAP munched up most of Lauren’s money… Then it was off to Central Park for a laze on the grass. We had planned to do a walking tour of the park but laziness took hold and we hired a cycle-cab instead. We got this great tour-guide who had us in stitches for the entire one-hour tour! We went past the literary walk, the old dairy and the pond where people where out on row-boats. We learnt about all the gossip from the park and which celebrities lived in the huge blocks of units that overlook it.

After that our
NBCNBCNBC

Luke at the Rockefeller Centre
tour-guide Sean took us to this cute little French restaurant for dinner! Met up with Richard and had the most amazing dinner and dessert - Lauren and Ellen had the mussels, Andrea a cheese plate and Richard a famous French chicken dish (he nearly cried because it was so good!). But the dessert was the thing to die for … a melt-in-your mouth chocolate torte (mum, dad, heather and elise - it was Tahiti all over again!!!!!!)

After dinner we walked to Times Square and went into the biggest toy store in the world! It was four-storeys and had a free Ferris-wheel in the middle of the store, as well as a full-size barbie house and these massive lego constructions - the empire state building, complete with King-Kong climbing up it!

Then it was off to the Hershey’s Store - a chocolate lover’s paradise. It was a whole floor of chocolate and you could buy mega-sized everything, including a three-foot block of chocolate!

And that was New York. Our rest days weren’t exactly restful, but we had heaps of fun!

HIGHLIGHTS OF THE DAY:

LUKE:
RICHARD: The NBC tour was my highlight, but it’s closely
Central ParkCentral ParkCentral Park

Andrea, Lauren and Ellen tour Central Park in a cycle-cab.
followed by having four hot-dogs in a row whilst walking from Rockefeller Centre to Times Square!
LAUREN: The tour of Central Park.



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

mmmm!mmmm!
mmmm!

Lauren’s dessert!


Tot: 0.128s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0381s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb