Northeast USA & Canada 2022


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York
September 6th 2022
Published: September 11th 2022
Edit Blog Post


Niagara Falls Horseshoe Falls
Today we got up, ate breakfast, packed the suburban and drove down to the falls. We found parking at Queen Victoria Station Gift shop for only $10 for an hour. It was an easy walk to the falls. We took pictures, struck up several conversations, watched the Maid of the Mist boats and bought souvenirs.

It was a travel day to get us from Niagara Falls to Richfield Springs, NY (near Cooperstown). We took a detour to visit Letchworth State Park, considered the Grand Canyon of the East. Thanks, Beth Andexler, for the travel tip!

Getting out of Canada wasn’t as difficult this time because we went down to the Peace Bridge and crossed into Buffalo. We met a very pleasant border crossing guard. He loved that we were from West Virginia. He had just taken his son to Morgantown to work in a special biometric drug program at the university.

The drive to Letchworth was an easy one and very beautiful. While the road from one entrance in the north to the other in the south was less than 15 miles, it took us a few hours as we stopped for the beautiful scenery along the way.

Niagara Falls Horseshoe Falls
We found waterfalls, cabins, forests, overlooks, and a beautifully maintained park.

We took advantage of the lovely picnic areas and ate our lunch. Every day Karen gets up and makes each of us a sandwich made to our specifications. She packs a cooler along with a bag of chips and other snacks. Not only does it save us money but it’s so much better than eating fast food everyday. It’s one of the things I look forward to on these trips!

The drive to Richfield Springs was about 3 hours. We stopped for dinner because we thought it would be too late once we arrived and unloaded the car. However that caused us to arrive in the dark. It’s really difficult to find a house in the country, in the dark, in unfamiliar territory. Thankfully I pack several flashlights for use on the trip. One thing that didn’t help, our house had been painted from tan to blue!!

Our house was beautiful! And big! It was right in the lake but all of that would have to wait until morning and daylight. It was time to hit the hay!! Nite all!!




Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



Niagara Falls Rainbow Bridge


Niagara Falls American Falls
..
.

Niagara Falls travel buddies


Niagara Falls Maid of the Mist


On the road from Niagara Falls to Letchworth State Park


Probably the only leaf color we will see!!! Just a little early!!


Beautiful New York Farm


Letchworth State Park welcome center


Letchworth State Park picnic shelter


Letchworth State Park lunch bunch!


Letchworth State Park overlook/picnic area
..
.

Letchworth State Park gorge


Letchworth State Park middle falls


Letchworth State Park upper falls and bridge


Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0558s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb