Niagara Falls


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » Niagara Falls
October 22nd 2011
Published: October 22nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Great to make it to Niagara, near Buffalo NY, and see old friends Demaris & Whitey, and their delightful kids Jackson (8y) & Lilly (6y). A bit difficult having 2 young Jacksons in the same house, so our Jackson has been more commonly referred to by his nickname ('Twig'😉.

Jackson took Twig to his elementary school and Twig enlightened his class about NZ, Kiwi life and where we've been on our world tour. Hopefully the local kids will now be able to perform the Haka in style and will all get up at 4am on Sunday morning to watch the All Blacks win the Rugby World Cup final!

As a treat, both families spent two nights at the 'Great Wolf Lodge' just over the Canadian border. The kids had a great time on the indoor water slides, in the wave pool, and playing the arcades - in fact, so did the adults! Buffalo wings definitely on the menu.

Canada makes our 11th country on this trip (Hong Kong, Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Germany, Austria, Italy, Vatican City, France, UK (England), USA & Canada). Mike managed to add Wales to his itinerary. We'll do a tally of all the US States we've visited once we've finished our tour of America.

We drove a short way down the road to see the spectacular Niagara Falls (best seen from the Canadian side). To get really up-close-and-personal we boarded the 'Maid of the Mist' boat, which takes you as close as you'd ever want to go to the thunderous base of the falls. Despite wearing the blue plastic smocks, we got thoroughly soaked in the spray!

On Sunday afternoon we fly from Toronto, heading south-west to Las Vegas, Nevada...



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0336s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb