Niagara Falls


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » Niagara Falls
November 6th 2007
Published: November 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Tuesday 30th October



Train to Buffalo. Arrived just after 10.30am. Another 6 hour wait at the station waiting for the connecting train. Train to Niagara Falls at 4.30pm and arrived at 6pm.

Wednesday 31st October



Another sleeping day after a grueling train schedule from previous days.

Thursday 1st November



Visited a discount retail outlet. Bought some gloves, new beard trimmer, and a worldwide plug adaptor.

Friday 2nd November



Visited the falls today. Caught the bus there. Hardly anyone uses public transport here, and the buses don't come very often.
Walked round the New York State Park which surrounds the falls. Out of tourist season so not too many people about. Saw a black squirrel for the first time. The squirrels here aren't afraid of people and come right up to you hoping for food.
Walked round the surrounding town and most of it is a real dump. Many closed down and boarded up business properties. Lots of crappy houses as well.
Decided to have a look in the big casino in town. Couldn't believe it when the guy at the entrance asked me for I.D. The legal age for gambling here is 21. Didn't do any gambling, just wanted to get a taste before I visit Las Vegas next month.

Saturday 3rd November



Didn't do much today, after you've seen the falls there's not much else to do to be honest. Went to the cinema in the afternoon and watched American Gangster with Denzel Washington. I thought it was a really good film. Quite long but I didn't even notice the time pass.
Catching train to Boston tomorrow.



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0525s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb