New York, New York it's a wonderful town!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York
September 14th 2012
Published: September 15th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Another busy day in New York! We headed to Central Park for a couple of hours which was so stunning we’re going back there Sunday before we leave for the airport 😊 It’s crazy that such a huge, natural and peaceful place exists in the middle of this bustling city! We also saw a celebrity there; Zeus, the world’s tallest dog and his family were strolling through and drew a lot of attention! The poor guy had to have pictures with about ten people while we were admiring him. He was MASSIVE!

They had a few little art stalls in the park, nothing like New Orleans, these were just photocopied prints and posters put in a frame. Hopefully there will be more unique ones on Sunday…

At 2p.m we had reserved passes for the 9/11 memorial which sat amongst all of the construction work for the new world trade centres, but this didn’t take away from the beauty and emotional effect of the two water features. It’s hard to put into words how it felt to be standing there.

After a long and unsuccessful hunt for a pair of converse Annie liked we went to Times Square which, on a Friday night is literally like Piccadilly Circus! Only bigger, and brighter.

The days are going so fast it’s crazy! We better pick up the pace if we want to see and do everything we have planned!

Goodnight guys and gals!

x x x


Additional photos below
Photos: 26, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

A proper American size cupcake!A proper American size cupcake!
A proper American size cupcake!

Perfect bedtime snack


Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0707s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb