Saying Goodbye!!!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York
July 6th 2007
Published: July 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Well, as we log into our travelblog, we notice their are only three days until our journey! That little digital counter that seemed "cute" at the time, now appears to taunt. Between the anxiety of an awaiting seventeen hour plane ride and the physical obstacle of - too much stuff and not enough luggage, the pressures are mounting. After a long battle with the insurance company, we are in possession of the all elusive Malarone (anti-Malaria medicine). The Binder (a.k.a. the Bible) is almost complete. I (Michelle) have managed to color-code, laminate, and re-enforce this 81/2 X 11 masterpiece, and Phil has managed to only point out that I am the biggest nerd in the world a few times. Lets think, any more last minute crisis? Oh, Phil informed me last night that our ferry from Jeju to South Korea has been discontinued. We still are not quite sure where we are going after Hong Kong... And our bags definitely weigh more than the allotted 20kg. But, all in all, the planning has been a success.
Besides trip planning, the past two weeks have allowed us to say goodbye to all of our friends and well-wishers (those goodbyes starting in Florida). We have had an amazing Spaghetti and Meatball dinner (complete with ultra-sound photos), Carole's BBQ (or as I like to call it, going away party #1), a fabulous rooftop party (complete with Bauer), the "family meeting" (thank you Andree), our last (and best) dinner at Vespa (complete with Dawn!), and a kickin' BBQ/Fireworks party (complete with rain!). Thank you everyone for all of your amazing advice! We are going to miss y'all so much! We dedicate this first entree to you!



Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0267s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb